Friday, January 25, 2013

Damned Chimney


Three weeks until my son's due date, and we're finishing up some last-minute home improvement projects. I'm told this is called nesting. I get it. We want the home to be a good environment for this new little life we'll be bringing home.  And I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort...

But now this damned chimney! What started out as a simple tuck point has turned into a major overhaul. To be honest, we can't really afford it. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

And the chimney won't be done by the time he's born!!!

What will my son think when he sees the chimney half on the roof and half in pieces on the ground? Maybe his 2-day-old eyes won't be developed enough to see the chimney pieces, but surely he'll notice the scaffolding around the house. "Crap, my Dad must be a slouch," he'll think.

Poor little guy. I'll try and get my act together. I promise. Until then, please try to be patient and not look at things too closely.

The chimney will be rebuilt much stronger than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment